Love Creamery’s Ice Cream Makers bring the xox to Love. Ice Cream Makers will work in creating our delectable treats. This is a high volume ice cream, pints, and topping production job. On an average day, our ice cream maker is working to music or podcasts while churning out large batches of ice cream, getting early previews and tastes of delicious upcoming seasonal before we launch in the shop. This is a fun year-round job where you can embody our values–being smart, brave, homemade, joyful, and generous.
- Accurately follow detailed written protocols to prepare and store Love Creamery branded items including ice cream, sorbet, toppings, and inclusions.
- Accurately inventory tubs, pints, toppings and bases to inform the daily production plan.
- Properly label, date, pack, and store up to 400 or more containers each week while maintaining accurate logs.
- Thoughtfully complete daily cleaning tasks to ensure all areas of kitchen are clean and organized, cleaning as you go, with attention to detail, while following health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
- Consistently growing in the role, taking on new responsibilities and working independently.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team including Front and Back of House.
- Ability to stand eight house, lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly, and take required breaks on time
- Ability to measure ingredients accurately
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for food, farming, cooking, teamwork, and quality
- Previous kitchen experience required
- 18 + years of age
- Available to work evenings and weekends and no less than 3 days per week May-September.
- MN State food handler’s permit required (can obtain once hired)
- Demonstrates self-motivation while also being a dedicated team player
- Dedication to cleanliness and organization
- Great communication skills and a professional, friendly attitude
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions with precision as well as give great attention to detail
- Ability to text and/or check email regularly
- $15/hour starting wage with incremental, merit-based raises
- Flexible scheduling
- Potential to continue on year round based on performance
- Immediate ESSL time
- PTO after 6 months of employment
- Matching 401K after 12 months of employment (and meeting age requirement)
- All the ice cream you can eat and espresso you can drink!